A wood fence is a great addition to your home. This style of fence is great for creating a private and secure outdoor space for your family while also adding an aesthetic appeal and value to your home. However, a wood fence will only drag your home down if it isn’t cared for properly. Lack of care for your wood fence can lead to rot and damage, which will leave you with a hefty replacement bill.
So how can a homeowner properly care for their wood fence?
- Have a professional install your fence to ensure a properly angled post. An angled post can cause pooling at the top of your posts, which can lead to mold and rot.
- Be aware of splinters and other damage to your fence. As soon as damage is noticed, have the area fixed immediately.
- Keep fence posts clear of debris like leaves, cut grass, and tree branches. Debris that can decompose can cause a breakdown of your fence, which will leave you with irreversible damage.
- Have proper draining systems in place to keep water away from the posts of your fence. Water can not only cause rotting and mold, it can also cause soil shifting soil, which can cause your posts to become loose and unstable.
- Use a stain every few years to prevent water from soaking into your fence and causing rot.
Wood Fence Care with Hercules Fence
At Hercules Fence, we specialize in the care and installation of quality wood fencing. For over 50 years and with 6 convenient locations, Hercules Fence has been a trusted name in the fencing industry. We have worked to develop our buying capabilities in order to provide our customers with quality materials at a price they can afford. Our custom wood fencing options are sure to please any residential home owner and will complement any landscape. Our sales team will work with you to determine if your wood fence is needed for privacy, security, decoration, or a combination of the three.
Since 1955, Hercules Fence has served the areas of:
- North Carolina
- Newport New
We have been involved with projects that range from government buildings to airports. Our fences can be found at The National Zoo, NASA, Harbor Park Baseball Stadium, and BWI Airport, to name a few.
To get started with your new wooden fence, or if you have any questions on how to care for your wooden fence, call Hercules Fence at (800)-883-3623 or click here. Follow us on Google+, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook today.