With spring finally here, many Maryland homeowners are taking the time to spruce up their outdoor living areas. While some may choose to create a new garden, others are considering installing a new fence. While a residential fence is the perfect way to take your outdoor living space to the next level, it should really be installed by a professional. If Maryland homeowners make the attempt to install the residential fence themselves, they might run into the following problems and make some common mistakes.
- Property Lines- One of the most common mistakes made with a residential fence is to not accurately knowing your property lines. While some neighbors may not mind the fence, others might try to take legal action against you because of the fence. It can then be difficult to move the fence, depending on the type of materials that were used.
- Materials- It can be easy for Maryland homeowners to only install a fence with the perfect scenario in mind. This means they forget about the harsh storms and winter weather than can fall upon the Maryland area. If the correct materials are not used, this weather can quickly damage, and even destroy, a residential fence.
- Anchor Points- A residential fence is only as strong as its anchor points. Without the proper depth or material used for these points, your residential fence could become unstable.
- Angles- It is very rare that a yard sits perfectly even. If the hills and slopes of your yard are not measured properly, your fence could be uneven and unstable.
- Function- If an error occurs when installing your residential fence, you could be left with one that doesn’t work properly. Gaps could be large while the latches and locks of your fence don’t close properly.
At Hercules Fence, we specialize in the installation and maintenance of several fence styles throughout the Maryland, Virginia, and North Carolina areas. Residential fencing provides a welcoming appearance to complement your home. Our sales team can offer you many selections to choose from to accommodate your privacy, semi-privacy, and decorative needs, and our professionals use only the highest quality materials to install your fence at a price that is reasonable and affordable. We also specialize in commercial fencing to keep your business safe and secure while also looking professional and welcoming.
To get started with your residential fence for your home, call us today at 1-800-883-3623. You can also visit our contact page to find a full list of our locations and phone numbers.