There are many reasons why a homeowner should think about putting up a fence on their property. Fences come in all sorts of materials, and offer a home owner many benefits from having one installed. Fences, for one thing, provide the homeowner with privacy, especially if you want to have some friends or family members over for a backyard barbecue during the summer, and also add curb appeal and value to your property. With this in mind you want to know how to correctly keep your fences looking shiny and new with the help of power washing your fence.
Step by Step Guide to Power Washing
With the help of a power washer, you can return your wooden fence to its original glory. This surprisingly easy task can also restore a fence that’s turned grey or black, making it look brand new and helping you avoid costly replacements before you really need them.
- Pressure washer tips come in different sizes, each with its own spray width. The wider the spray, the lower the pressure.
- If you have a wooden fence you should be especially careful to choose only a 25-degree tip. Any smaller tip could potentially damage your fence by cutting visible marks into the wood.
- Before you begin be sure to check the connections on your pressure washer carefully. Any loose nozzles or tips can be a hazard when the water starts flowing.
- Finally, spray in long lines, working from top to bottom and following the grain of the wood. When you’ve sprayed every inch, you’ll want to do a final sweep at the bottom of the fence to catch any additional debris.
Power Washing Safety Tips
Though an extremely effective cleaning method, if the following tips aren’t adhered to it may prove a risk to your safety.
- Always wear goggles for eye protection.
- Wear gloves while operating a pressure washer.
- Wear boots or other leather footwear.
- Avoid spraying close to electrical wires or power lines.
- Do not use pressure washer near small children or pets.
- Allow unit to cool down before storing.
Power Scrub Those Years Away!
At Hercules Fence, we want to help you by setting you up with quality, low-maintenance fences that you can live behind! When you are ready for a residential or commercial fence that will meet the security and aesthetic needs of your family or business, trust the experts at Hercules Fence. For more information and to learn how we can meet your custom fencing needs, contact Hercules Fence online or give us a call at 800-395- 9597. We will ensure your investment serves your family for years to come! For updates and to see projects we’re working on, visit us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Google+, and Pinterest.