Even though the weather may be cold, it is never too early to consider home improvement projects that come with the warmer months. One of the home improvement projects on the top of everyone’s list is a new residential fence for their home. Beginning your planning for your new residential fence now will allow you to consider several things before any major decisions are made.
- Know what you want from your fence. Different fence materials can be used for different purposed, so it’s important to have a firm understanding of what the purpose of your residential fence will be.
- Consider the possibility of using more than one material for your residential fence. Consider using one type of material for the front of your home and another towards the rear of your home.
- Be sure to check with any possible associations within your neighborhood or code officials that could cause an issue with your residential fence.
- Have a conversation with your neighbors about your new residential fence. Ensure that each of you has an understanding of property lines and use materials that won’t obstruct the view of your neighbor.
- Consider the types of weather your area experiences throughout the year. If you experience extreme changes in weather, you may want to consider anchors for your fence to keep it in place.
- Never try to install the fence on your own. Mistakes could be made that could cause your residential fence to be unstable or uneven. You could also install a fence over property lines, which could lead to legal actions against you. Instead, save yourself the hassle and turn to Hercules Fence.
At Hercules Fence, we specialize in the installation and maintenance of several fence styles throughout the Maryland, Virginia, and North Carolina areas. Residential fencing provides a welcoming appearance to complement your home. Our sales team can offer you many selections to choose from to accommodate your privacy, semi-privacy, and decorative needs, and our professionals use only the highest quality materials to install your fence at a price that is reasonable and affordable. We also specialize in commercial fencing to keep your business safe and secure while also looking professional and welcoming.
To get started with your residential fence for your home, call us today at 1-800-883-3623. You can also visit our contact page to find a full list of our locations and phone numbers.