Yes, privacy fences provide…privacy, but they also offer much more than that to a homeowner. As this insightful article on Estantres.org explains, there are many benefits to a privacy fence for your home:
1. Noise reduction. Privacy fences create a solid, or nearly solid, wall around your yard which will help deflect sound. If you live on a busy or noisy street, a privacy fence will provide some measure of quieting the din. If you already live in a relatively quiet area, you may find a solid fence will knock down the volume to almost nothing. You can’t cut out all noise, but choose a fence that has few gaps, such as a stockade style, and go for the tallest you can to get the most effective noise reduction.
2. Security. Any fence will provide a measure of security, but consider how thieves operate. They first scope out a location, looking for easy access and targeting a home that likely contains high-value items. If your property is surrounded by a privacy fence, they won’t have much luck in determining if your property contains anything worth stealing. And if they still decide to breach your property, a privacy fence is more difficult to climb over than a chain link fence.
3. Wind break. If you live in an open area with few other houses or trees around, you may find your outdoor belonging blowing around on windy days. A privacy fence can provide an excellent wind break and give you protection from strong gusts. It can be especially useful on chilly days or evenings when the wind would otherwise make it too uncomfortable to sit outside. Choosing a tall fence will provide the best wind breaking effects.
4. Beauty. A privacy fence will create a solid backdrop to your yard, blocking out views of your neighbor’s cluttered yard, or the parking lot behind your property, or the street littered with bits of garbage. Planting flowers or trees along the edge of a fence, such as a pure white vinyl fence or a beautiful, natural wooden fence, will lend a lot of beauty and serenity to your outdoor living space.
5. Investment. A privacy fence is a great investment in your property and will greatly help the resale value of your home, for all of the reasons given above. In addition, many families have pets and children, and any type of fence provides an extra degree of security and comfort for these families. Be sure to install fence latches high up, out of the reach of children. This will prevent them from leaving the safety of the backyard.
If you are considering installing a fence around your property, consider a privacy fence. There are many great companies out there that offer a wide array of options, including wooden, vinyl, bamboo and others in a vast array of prices. Even if you have an existing fence, you might be able to turn it into a privacy fence and gain all the benefits discussed above.
If you have any questions about getting your own privacy fence, contact Hercules Fence by calling (800) TU FENCE or click here today!